Barb at It’s About Time For Teachers and SweetP at Sweet P’sClass Notes tagged me to play Blog Recess! Sounds like fun! Rather than answer 20 questions (that’s another game, folks!), I decided to answer 10 questions – a combination of each of their questions. So here goes…
1. What would you be doing if you weren’t teaching?
Most likely, I’d be a photographer. I did that before I became a teacher and enjoyed it – I had a good ‘eye’ too. However, there’s nothing like teaching!
2. What enrichment classes are available at your school?
We rotate each trimester between P.E., Music, and Art. Every trimester someone new comes in and our kids get a “taste” of enrichment classes.
3. How many students do you have?
I have 25 students this year.
4. Do you have an assistant?
No! Never have, and likely, never will. California (where I teach) barely has a budget to pay TEACHERS, let alone an aide.
5. What is the most useful staff development you’ve taken?
Without a doubt, it’s the Thinking Map Training. We’re in year 2 and I just love it.
6. What is the one thing you won’t eat – ever?
Liver – I can’t stand it – I can’t even stand the smell. Oatmeal runs a close second, though. I’m a picky eater…
7. Do you still have a landline?
Yes –I have a cell phone, but I barely use it. (Isn’t that just awful?)
8. What is the location of your best vacation ever?
Hawaii was so beautiful! I’d love to go back there someday.
9. Have you taught more or less than 20 years? How long have you been at your school?
I’ve taught 26 years, all at the same school, mostly in First Grade, with some kindergarten, second grade, and lots of combination classes (k-1 and 1-2).
1. How old is your car?
I have a 2 year old Camaro that is my pride and joy. Probably a mid-life crisis…ha ha!
So here are my questions. The rules are answer the 10 questions. Tag 10 people and come up with 10 new questions to ask them. Tag!
1. What book are you reading right now?
2. Do you have a Kindle or Nook or do you still read “real” books?
3. What t.v. shows do you just “have” to watch every week?
4. What part of the country do you live in?
5. Do you garden – or are you a Plant Killer?
6. What is your favorite forbidden treat?
7. What is your favorite color?
8. Are you a cake person or a frosting person?
9. Do you like to cook or would you prefer eating out?
10. Do you have a school webpage in addition to your blog?